all things that speak to me

Thursday, June 10, 2010

day 3 - list the five songs you would have with you on a desert island and why.

been slackin...
1.van morrison - sweet thing 
2.bob marley - all in one
3.edward sharpe & the magnetic zeros - home
4.yann tiersen - comptine d'un autre : l'apres midi 
5.stevie wonder - as
why... i grew up listening to van. my dad used to have his music playing while cooking us breakfast and i usually woke up to it. bob marley's "all in one", is literally several of his best songs... all in one. it's from his ultimate collection album and sounds like it was recorded when he was very young. i like it. edward sharpe, "home" makes me want to dance around and sing really loud and i would have no problem doing that on a deserted island. the yann tiersen song is from the movie, Amelie, and that whole soundtrack makes me feel at peace. stevie wonder's "as", is one to remind me of my mother and her side of the family, and another one to dance and sing to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment